Thursday, January 8, 2009

Spending the day with the Little Prince

Today I spent the day with a little Prince. Maybe I should say our newest prince. I like to believe that we are all prince and princess. I hear that is how God thinks of us.

I held the little prince named Zachary in my arms. I just couldn't keep my eyes off of him. His little nose and tiny little lips. I held his little hands in my hands and I was content. I was at peace. I was in awe of the miracle of life once again. His life will be unique, like yours and mine. Oh sure we will do many things a like but not in the same way. It just doesn't work that way. What will this new life be like. What will his unique gift be? What's mine? What's yours? When was the last time we looked at our self with searching eyes but not with the usual critical what is not right but what is. Maybe it would help if we asked someone we love and trust. What makes me, me? Take it a step further and tell someone what makes them unique. Sort of like....your smile brightens my day, your voice comforts me or you have such a giving heart. Each life has a special plan that only you and I can carry out in our own special way. This is what I hear...this is something I am willing to try..
Zach will need to hear this. His parents will whisper in his ear..you have what it takes. You are beautiful. You are the apple of my eye. You can do it. Your so funny, smart and I thank God for you. I know his parents will do this. I did it today as I held him in my arms. We say it in our tone of voice, the twinkle in our eyes and the smile on our lips.
Thats all for now.

No comments: