Saturday, April 9, 2011

Unclog a drain

This is my husbands favorite. The first time I did this he was amazed. "Where did you learn how to do this?' I really don't remember. Here's the tip. This works if you have a clogged drain or a drain that is running slow. Boil water, I usually do one or two tea kettles full. While that is boiling I pour white vinegar into the drain. About a cup and a half. I follow up right away with a couple good shakes of baking soda. It will get bubbly. Let it sit for a while. Then when it starts to go down pour the boiling water down the drain. Sometimes I pour another kettle of boiling water. If the drain is still clogged do it again. If this doesn't work then it is time to call a professional. Often times it will work. Do not mix any other chemicals because I am sure that could cause a reaction that could be dangerous. It is worth a try.

No comments: