Saturday, May 26, 2012

My mind is once again racing with worry. I know that God is with me.
This morning during prayer I could visualize me running into the arms of God. Crying. I could see Him holding me. Stroking my hair as I sobbed in His arms. I could see me looking into His eyes as I sat in His lap. I could hear Him say "Now, Now it's going to be okay. "Daddy is here" as He wiped my tears. "I am here I am not going to let anything bad happen to you" as He held me a little tighter. "Better now, I am here to help you fight those monsters. Don't be afraid"
"I am a Father to the Fatherless."
God you know that I needed this not just today but always. To be a little girl. To be a daughter. To have a Father who comforts. A Father who strokes my hair and wipes my tears. I could hear you today as you said "Show me your smile" as I shook my head yes, tears still fresh on my cheeks. This is who you are. A Father, simple and loving. Thank you as you kiss the top of my head. You know that is how I feel loved. 
I love you Daddy.

No comments: